Our Los Tweens & Teens team is always ready to provide a tip or idea to help adults guide how they raise older kids. Our amiga Luly B. – a motivational speaker and single mom of teen boys- has joined our team to do just that!
We recently hosted a Facebook LIVE Chat about easy ways to get started saving for college.
We know that starting to ‘save’ for anything right now is not an easy conversation, but we’re sharing our experience as parents who have reached the milestone of parenting high school kids getting ready for college.
Our informational Facebook LIVE Chat on Wednesday, May 13th was presented by our partners at Florida Prepaid College Plans. We invite you to learn details at myfloridaprepaid.com. The Open Enrollment period has been extended until May 31, 2020 and there are several plans to choose from. Take advantage of the lowest pricing in five years, with no payments due until July and plans starting at $44/month.
The earlier you start, the more you save.
If you missed the Facebook LIVE Chat click HERE to watch the whole conversation.
LulyB shared her 5 College Saving Tips:
- Start Early the younger the better.
- Start with a 1 year plan.
- Have family & friends contribute to the plan on special occasions rather than gifts.
- Have conversations about college/universities early and discuss financial options.
- Get your child to pitch in. If you have a four-year-old, they aren’t quite ready to pitch in, but if your 14-year-old is baby-sitting, and certainly if your 17-year-old is flipping burgers, he or she could start putting some money away for college.