Disclosure: Los Tweens is a brand ambassador for Neutrogena and receives products for review and compensation for time. However, has you can read below, all opinions expressed are always our own and we love the products!
Win your own Neutrogena Pore Refining Line – Giveaway at the bottom of the post
A girl once said to my high school boyfriend, “Why are you dating her? She has bad skin!”
Teen girls can be cruel. I battled mild acne in high school while some girls had naturally flawless skin. But, I was genetically doomed to have large pores thanks to my father.
My boyfriend at the time thought it was one of the weirdest statements he had ever heard. He didn’t care about my pores or a few pimples. But, I did.
It was a blow to my teenage ego. I remember going to my mother telling her that I needed to clean my face with something stronger than a bar of soap. She bought me a Neutrogena cleanser and explained that it would work the best.
Ever since that day, I have been using Neutrogena to cleanse my skin. It’s always worked to minimize my outbreaks and keep my skin feeling healthy. That’s why I am so proud to be a Neutrogena Ambassador. It’s a product that I truly believe in and one that helped my 15 year old-self gain back some self-esteem.
Recently, Neutrogena re-released the Pore Refining line and I couldn’t be happier. A stronger product to make pores smaller – yes! Between the Neutrogena Pore Refining line and changes to my health routine, I keep my pores under control and breakouts at a minimum. Check out my tips below.
Top Tips for Shrinking Pores
- Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliating removes dead skin and extra dirt that has accumulated on your face. Use an exfoliator such as Neutrogena’s Pore Refining Exfoliating cleanser twice a week. Extra bonus: exfoliating helps remove sun spots and helps with your skin’s tone.
- Drink lots of water. You may think that water has nothing to do with your pores but it does. Drinking water allows your skin to naturally flush away toxins. It also keeps down swelling. Tip for getting in more water: Fill a large water bottle at regular intervals during the day and keep it on your desk.
- Use a face cleansing brush. I have one to remove makeup and I find it works best. My skin always feels better after I use the brush with the Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser.
- Don’t forget the toner. No it’s not for your printer. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner cleans up those final pieces of dirt and oil you might of left behind without stripping your skin of it’s natural oils. There are a lot of toners on the market but I find this one to be the best at balancing cleansing and moisturizing.
- Moisturize! So you think, “I’ve spent all this time cleaning out my skin and then I’m adding a creamy moisturizer that is going to clog my pores..no way!” Ugh, think again! Moisturizers replace the natural oils you stripped from your skin doing all that cleaning. And, they don’t clog you’re pores as long as you are using the right one. Neutrogena’s Pore Refining Moisturizer contains an alpha and beta hydroxyl formula to keep your pores shrinking and adds in retinol to provide brighter, healthier skin.
My final tip for shrinking pores is to stop worrying about them! My high school boyfriend, now my husband, could care less about my pores. His only worry is for my health. And I’ve learned that as long as I follow a healthy beauty, eating and exercise routine my pores will shrink without me having to think about them.
Neutrogena Pore Refining Giveaway #NoMasPoros
Prize: Neutrogena Pore Refining Line: (1) Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser, (1) Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser, (1) Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, (1) NEW Neutrogena Pore Refining Moisturizer
How to Enter: Leave a comment below sharing a healthy habit you do daily AND input your information into the Rafflecopter widget. Be sure to check for additional entry options!
Ends: Midnight on Friday, October 10th
Rules: One entry per household. Open to U.S. residents 18 years of age and older. Winner will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond. If no response is received, another winner will be chosen.