By: Cristy Clavijo-Kish, Creator & Publisher, Los Tweens & Teens
*Scroll to the end to enter our Brilliance ‘No Clip’ Wand Giveaway (worth $300)!*
What’s going on with your hair? Have you taken a look at the trendy styles that include soft curls and a more natural look?
Let’s face it, when you have a tween or teen around you’re usually seeing the latest trends in fashion and beauty that impact THEM.
But it’s time to also focus on how you can take a trend and make it work for you. I decided to let my natural wave be the focus of a new look.
How I did my curls step-by-step:
- Wet strands you want to curl
- Dry your hair using only your hands to style and flip your hair upside down and shake it out several times
- Warm up your hair wand
- Separate your hair in small portions so it’s easier to move quickly through your hair with the wand
- Take each small hair bunch and wrap it around the wand being very careful not to touch the very hot wand
- For softer curls I held the wand veritically so the curls just drop
- Hold the position for about 30 seconds and let it go, keep working your way around all your hair
- I used the Brilliance New York Heat Protector spray which is particularly helpful to protect hair against heat but also frizz in humid climates (Miami being at the top of the hot, humid temps!)
VOILA!! It’s so easy to create a quick, fun, trendy hairstyle that has a soft and modern look without being too formal. You should get lots of positive compliments amigas!
Here’s a video by Brilliance New York:
Here’s a Special $300 (!!!!) Giveaway For You:
Our friends at Brilliance New York sent us their amazing ‘no clip’ wand that I used to develop my look- the same one we’re giving away below so be sure to enter! It is a great tool to easily create a ‘beach waves’ crunch.
Sign up for a chance to win. Be sure to comment below and also like Los Tweens & Teens on Facebook or share a message on Twitter to increase your entries.
We look forward to announcing our lucky winner on Friday, July 24th! Good luck amigas and we can’t wait to see your comments and ideas.
Cristy is the founder and publisher of Los Tweens & Teens, as well as the co-CEO & partner of DiMe Media, based in Miami. Born to Cuban parents, she’s a ‘Jersey Girl’ who is the proud mom of twin teens and wife to her college sweetheart, a “gringo” with a Latino soul! Cristy is also a teen cancer survivor, lover of travel, tech, good food, all-things beauty related, family cooking and social sharing.