Los Tweens & Teens was provided Pantene Pro-V Hairstyling Products for Review. As always, our opinions are our own.
No matter the age, creating a fun, trendy hairstyle during the holidays is a true ‘girlie’ activity! I had mucho fun helping my tween twin daughters get ready for a holiday and birthday dance party. Since the tween and teen age surely is about being trendy- knowing what’s in and what’s cool helps you as the parent or influencer in their lives. Check out our tips below for easy styles anyone can create!
A great line-up of Pantene Pro-V Stylers styling products helped me with the hair-design process! I’m in love with two new products I was sent for review:
Pantene Pro-V Stylers Texturizing Sculpting Wax – Level 2 and Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray Level 1. I would classify the Pantene Wax as a ‘miracle’ product! It goes on light when you smooth it onto your hands, but then really does the job to hold your style or simply reduce frizz when you wear your hair in a loose style. And I KNOW ABOUT HUMIDITY and FRIZZ. Living in Miami that’s all we have- 80% or more humidity most days and that makes keeping your style very difficult! The Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray does precisely what the label describes- holds your style while allowing your hair to move and look natural. It has been a long time since I found a hairspray that works with my hair. And it also helps my young girls to maintain their style without looking stiff, which is really not trendy now.
How we got the looks:
Simple Side Braids Pulled Back with Soft Curls
• Comb and part the hair evenly on both sides
• Apply Pantene Pro-V Stylers Texturizing Sculpting Wax BEFORE creating the braids – this helps avoid any ‘flyaways’ on each side.
• Create a simple braid on each side and tie them back over loose hair on the back bottom
• With a curling wand or iron, lightly create soft curls (very loose is the trend) around the bottom half of hair
• Lightly spray hair with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray so it retains shape and look
Fun Bun Updo with Bow & Fashion Headband
• Comb hair back and apply Pantene Pro-V Stylers Texturizing Sculpting Wax lightly on full hair
• With either a homemade ‘sock bun’ or store bought hair ring, create your pony tail pulled into the sock bun for the ‘tucked bun’ look that is VERY trendy
• Apply just another smooth pass of the sculpting wax in order to set your look
• Add a cute bow to the side of the bun
• Add a cute headband in the front of the hairstyle – yes, two hair accessories and the style does NOT look crowded.
And that’s it! Very simple and low cost options to make your holiday look sparkle. And what’s better is the cost. These products cost less than $10 each and are available at any retailer. I really felt I was using ‘professional’ products that I purchased at a specialty beauty retailer. I had not tried this Pantene Pro-V Stylers line and was pleasantly surprised.
Now you can have the Pantene Pro-V Stylers products as well. My amigas at Pantene are providing a great Holiday package for you to win! We have a few options for you to enter and share below your idea for an easy holiday look for either you, your daughter, niece or even the boys with longer, trendy hair and you could win an amazing Stylers GIFT BASKET including these items:
• Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray
• Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray
Pantene Pro-V Stylers Extra Strong Hold Mousse
• Pantene Pro-V Stylers Maximum Hold Gel
• Pantene Pro-V Stylers Heat Protection Spray
• Pantene Pro-V Stylers Texturizing Sculpting Wax
• Pantene Pro-V Damage Repair Cleansing Conditioner
As a mother of twin tweens in 2011 and an active Girl Scout Troop leader, Cristy realized there was a need to develop bilingual digital content and foster a community facing the challenges of raising kids after first grade. That year she founded and remains co-Publisher of Los Tweens & Teens, to support multicultural parents and mentors with content related to raising Gen Z- tweens & teens ages 7-18. Through the Los Tweens & Teens LIVE events such as Teens & Me – the growing team aims to provide our community with essential resources from chats with therapists to battle anxiety and bullying, to understanding social media and technology.
A New Jersey native of Cuban decent, Cristy is a board member of Amigos For Kids – a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing child abuse in the South Florida community. She is a teenage cancer survivor and speaks nationally at conferences and volunteers with cancer-awareness organizations such as St. Jude Children’s Hospital and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of South Florida.