FamilyFun magazine announces the winners of its fourth annual Travel Awards—the result of thoughtful feedback from 2,000 families who rated more than 400 destinations across the United States.
The 20 top winners—and almost 100 runners up—include exciting kid-friendly cities, national parks, children’s museums, resorts, and historic sites across the country that are sure to align with any family’s vacation style.
This year, FamilyFun brought back some category favorites including Top Kid-Friendly City, Top National Park or Preserve, and Top Historic Site. Editors added Top Family Resort and Top Children’s Museum to round out the roster.
Of all the regions, the South had the most destinations that fell in the top 10 overall, while the Midwest was a close second.
The top winners from each region are listed below and these, plus the Top 10 overall winners, are described in detail in FamilyFun’sApril issue, on stands now.
- Kid-Friendly City: Orlando, FL
- Family Resort: Great Wolf Lodge, Williamsburg, VA
- National Park or Preserve: Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC & TN
- Historic Site: National Mall & Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C.
- Children’s Museum: Miami Children’s Museum, FL
- Kid-Friendly City: Duluth, MN
- Family Resort: Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort, Wisconsin Dells, WI
- National Park or Preserve: Badlands National Park, SD
- Historic Site: Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Keystone, SD
- Children’s Museum: The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, IN
- Kid-Friendly City: Boston
- Family Resort: The Hotel Hershey, Hershey, PA
- National Park or Preserve: White Mountain National Forest, NH
- Historic Site: Statue of Liberty National Monument/Ellis Island, NY & NJ
- Children’s Museum: The Strong, Rochester, NY
- Kid-Friendly City: Honolulu
- Family Resort: Loews Coronado Bay Resort & Spa, San Diego
- National Park or Preserve: Glacier National Park, MT
- Historic Site: World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, Honolulu
- Children’s Museum: Children’s Creativity Museum, San Francisco
The Top 10 overall destinations across all categories included (1) The Strong, Rochester, NY; (2) National Mall & Memorial Parks,Washington, D.C; (3) Great Wolf Lodge, Williamsburg, VA; (4) Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Keystone, SD; (5) Orlando, FL; (6) The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, IN; (7) Great Wolf Lodge, Traverse City, MI; (8) Miami Children’s Museum, Miami, FL; (9)Badlands National Park, SD; (10) Disney’s Port Orleans-French Quarter, Orlando, FL.
Source: PR Newswire
Anllelic Lozada “Angie” is a proud P.A.N.K (professional aunt with no kids), a Personal Marketing Strategist in NYC and Los Tweens & Teens “Tia-in-Charge,” based in New York City. Anllelic wants you to best your best life so you can positively influence your tween and teen. Subscribe to her weekly e-newsletter in Spanish in marketingparatucarrera.com/Vendete, where she shares personal marketing strategies to help you “Comunicar lo genial que eres.”