DISCLAIMER: Neutrogena sent us this product for review, but all expressions are mine.
It’s no secret that I’m an only-child – I’m a mami’s girl. She’s my biggest fan and I’m hers. That includes feeling VERY proud everytime someone compliments her on how fabulous and young she looks.
It’s also no secret that my mami works HARD to look as young as she does. Her routine includes a mile run at least four days a week, eating healthy, a weekly visit to the beauty salon and of course – a true commitment to her facial regime.
As a P.A.N.K (professional aunt, no kids), I’m always looking into what’s new in beauty so I can stay as young and pretty as my mami. Even though she inspires (and pushes!) me to keep up with my routine, I confess I’m not as disciplined as her.
I decided that I wanted to share this anti-aging knowledge with the mothers, grandmas and tias of Los Tweens & Teens. Siiiiii – you’re welcome!
*Top 8 Anti-Aging Beauty Secrets by a Puerto Rican Mom:*
1. Don’t go to bed wearing your daily makeup. Don’t use just any soap to cleanse, select a specific facial that matches your skin type. If your cleaner has some sort of scrub ingredient, even better,
2. After your cleansing, be sure to follow with a facial toner. So many of us, especially ‘las millennials’ forget about toner and it’s so important for your skin to balance correctly after cleansing.
3. Use a serum for eye cream. Gently massage the eyes for 1 minute with soft circles using the index finger and middle fingers. Do 3 sets of 15 reps to really feel the difference.
4. Do facial yoga! Yes – my Mami’s routine includes 12 different movements for each part of the face (lips, neck, forehead, etc) doing 3 sets of 15, for a total of 45 reps. Use all fingers – except the thumb.
5. Consistency is KEY. Even though for a long time it was only a night routine during the week, now it is a daily exercise (huf!)
6. When using a daily moisturizer, apply it with small strokes around your full face so it stimulates absorption.
7. Once a week (every Sunday), prepare a Japanese-inspired homemade mask with rice, milk and honey. Supposedly the recipe claims to help you look 10 years younger. Apply it for about 30 minutes.
8. Once a week Sunday place cold used tea bags over your closed eyes until they are no longer cold. You can store the used tea bags after her a hot tea and save on simply using them for your face.
As a face cream-fanatic, my Mami has tried them all – from cheap products to the very expensive. Together we tested the new Neutrogena Tinted moisturizer, which is part of the Spring 2016 collection.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector, the only tinted moisturizer with vitamin-rich retinol treatment, that promises to erase away the appearance of fine lines and skin discolorations.
It also protects against sun damage because it includes SPF 20 and anti-oxidants – vitamin E, natural soy and wild chamomile – for skin rejuvenation.
*3 Reasons why we LOVED Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector:*
- *Value*: a product that combines foundation, SPF, dark spot removal plus retinol for only $13 and is available in drug stores makes us VERY happy.
- *Good for everyday use:* when doing errands and during the weekends, you shouldn’t have to feel – or look like you have a lot of makeup on, but after a certain age (like after 17!) you should have coverage. This is a foundation that feels light and still covers light imperfections.
- *Matches skin color: *It comes in 6 different shades to perfectly match every complexion.
I’m glad I found this light foundation – that works a little bit better than a BB cream, due to its retinol. I’ll keep using it for everyday wear. As for my nightly routine, I have all the know-how from mami – I just need to stick to it everyday. What about you? Do you keep a nightly routine? Do you use any Neutrogena products? Let me know in the comments below.
Anllelic Lozada “Angie” is a proud P.A.N.K (professional aunt with no kids), a Personal Marketing Strategist in NYC and Los Tweens & Teens “Tia-in-Charge,” based in New York City. Anllelic wants you to best your best life so you can positively influence your tween and teen. Subscribe to her weekly e-newsletter in Spanish in marketingparatucarrera.com/Vendete, where she shares personal marketing strategies to help you “Comunicar lo genial que eres.”