Neutrogena is one of our positive influence partners, but – as always – all expressions are our own.
Acne is a common problem – but for teens is even more common. As a teen parent, inspiring self-confidence amid this sometimes aggressive occurrence should be the focus. When you have better skin, you feel better. Teens already have enough problems going on that if we, like parents, can help them control that is something less that they need to worry about.
During summer months, excessive heat can make acne worst. This also means that their’s more sweat – specially if your teen is doing outdoors activities in a summer camp – which makes additional dirt to buildup in their skins. On the other hand, most sunblocks may increase grease and add to that, changes in diet and “laziness” in daily cleansing routines can all increase it.
We all know that it’s not good to poke your pimples – as it may increase infection and even more acne – and here we include other 5 key tips that are good to remember all year-long, BUT specially in the summer:
- When going under the sun, is recommended to use an oil-free sunblock with a high SPF because burn skin makes it dehydrated, which makes acne worst.
- Stick to a simple cleansing routine – not once, but twice a day (morning and night), using specific products for oily skin.
- Once a week, apply an astringent mask to lower the grease excess generated due to heat.
- Drink a lot of water to keep hydration levels up (8 glasses of water a day!)
- If your teen is using an anti-acne medication prescribed by a dermatologist, make sure that its ingredients don’t produce any sensitivity due to sun exposure, due to the fact that some meds contain acids that can be photo-sensitive, which increases chances of dark spots.
These amazing new products clear breakouts and help to make the skin more acne resistant. Powered by ClearDefend Technology™, this clinically proven facial cleanser clears breakouts and helps defend against new ones, while helping preserve skin’s essential defenses so it can become more acne resistant with regular use. This daily face scrub for acne-prone skin contains skin smoothing exfoliators and maximum strength salicylic acid acne treatment to help clear and prevent breakouts.
The Acne Proofing products are the perfect recommendation for parents who are looking for a solution to their teens blemishes or trying to prevent it.
Neutrogena Summer Anti-Acne
Anllelic Lozada “Angie” is a proud P.A.N.K (professional aunt with no kids), a Personal Marketing Strategist in NYC and Los Tweens & Teens “Tia-in-Charge,” based in New York City. Anllelic wants you to best your best life so you can positively influence your tween and teen. Subscribe to her weekly e-newsletter in Spanish in marketingparatucarrera.com/Vendete, where she shares personal marketing strategies to help you “Comunicar lo genial que eres.”