The Ford team brought the new F-150 ‘Platinum’ Model to a very safe outdoor venue – Drive-In 305 for a media review in Miami. The venue allowed for the safe viewing of the vehicle that was wiped down after each media correspondent had the chance to view it. There were no ‘driving’ opportunities or consumers allowed in the area (as in past unveiling events) due to strict adherence to CDC guidelines. The opportunity included viewing the new Built for America ad trailer and ‘Project Apollo’ documentary short film. These videos highlight the pride and dedication Ford employees (and retirees who returned to work) took in producing life-saving PPP and ventilator equipment for the healthcare community battling to save American lives due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
And now, let’s talk about the features of this great new 2021 Ford F-150!
If you know me, you know I’m a car (and truck) chica- that means I LOVE to check out vehicles and their many features! I’m even the ‘auto negotiator’ in my home having closed every auto purchase in my 25-year marriage! Yes, I welcome the opportunity to learn about vehicle details. But you may not know this after seeing the video below! Our team was so blown away by the look and feel of the all-new 2021 Ford F-150 unveiled that all you hear is ‘wow this is beautiful!!’
The two factors I like most about the ‘toughest, most productive F-150 ever’ built since the first one rolled out in 1948 is that (1) the line is 100 percent assembled in America.
And (2) based on its exclusive 3.5-liter PowerBoost™ Full hybrid engine the trucks deliver at least 12,000 pounds of maximum available towing capacityᶧ on a targeted EPA-estimated range of approximately 700 miles on a single tank of gas. I remember our own family truck from just 2014 that certainly didn’t deliver that type of fuel efficiency so this is a great improvement.
Key features about the new truck are:
- All-new Ford F-150 takes America’s truck of choice for work and recreation to the next level, targeting to deliver the most maximum towing, payload, torque and horsepower of any full-size light-duty pickup, with ingenious features that make customers even more productive and new technology like over-the-air updates and SYNC® 4
- New exterior design has a bolder and even tougher look, and an all-new interior provides more comfort, technology and functionality for truck customers, along with enhanced materials, new color choices and more storage
- New available Tailgate Work Surface boosts productivity at the back of the truck, while new optional Interior Work Surface makes using a laptop or eating a meal more comfortable; available Max Recline Seats with nearly 180 degrees of recline help customers rest between jobs
- Available Pro Power Onboard™ means customers can leave the generator at home and free up cargo space; there’s enough energy to power 28 average refrigerators, charge a bed full of electric dirt bikes or run an entire job site worth of tools
- Delivers Built Ford Tough capability – it is targeted to have the most torque and horsepower of any light-duty full-size pickup,
“Since 1948, our hardworking F-Series customers have trusted Ford to help them get the job done,” said Jim Farley, Ford’s chief operating officer. “ and we hold ourselves to the highest standard to make sure our customers can get the job done and continue to make a difference in their communities.”
The all-new F-150 raises the standard for all light-duty trucks. It targets the most towing, payload, torque and horsepower of any light-duty full-size pickup, introduces all-new features to increase customer productivity, has new connected vehicle innovations such as over-the-air updates that help keep F-150 at the forefront of purposeful technology, and an available all-new 3.5-liter PowerBoost™ hybrid powertrain with Pro Power Onboard™ – an integrated power generator.
Check it out at your local Ford dealers soon!
As a mother of twin tweens in 2011 and an active Girl Scout Troop leader, Cristy realized there was a need to develop bilingual digital content and foster a community facing the challenges of raising kids after first grade. That year she founded and remains co-Publisher of Los Tweens & Teens, to support multicultural parents and mentors with content related to raising Gen Z- tweens & teens ages 7-18. Through the Los Tweens & Teens LIVE events such as Teens & Me – the growing team aims to provide our community with essential resources from chats with therapists to battle anxiety and bullying, to understanding social media and technology.