By Amanda Dufau- 1st Grade Teacher
Content developed as a paid partnership with Florida Prepaid
It’s a common misconception that children need to form good study habits in middle or high school to be successful students. In most cases that might be too late. As a first grade teacher, I see the importance of forming, and keeping, good study habits at an early age. I can tell which students have parents who make sure their child has at least 30 minutes a few evenings a week dedicated to homework and supplemental educational activities versus the ones that scramble during the weekend for their child to complete any assignments.
Students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade need a good foundation to allow for success in the higher grades. It’s common knowledge that 3rd grade is a critical year for students, but what many don’t realize is that all grade levels have changed. What used to be taught in second grade is now taught in first grade, what used to be taught in first grade shifted down to Kindergarten and preschool really more like kinder level.
HERE is our recent Los Tweens & Teens Facebook Chat about Forming Early Study Habits for Success in the Upper Grades
CAPTION: Our Mom & Teacher Contributor Amanda presents a short series of slides covering tips to get younger kids ready for academic success in the upper grades.
We all want our children to succeed, and I can think of no better way to help them than by giving them tools they need to do so. One way is to instill good study habits at an early age. With consistency, these study habits become second nature which they will use during their entire school experience, including college. Another way to help our children to succeed is to provide them with the financial means to continue their education after high school. Our partners at Florida PrePaid College Plans help families do that. With a variety of plans, you can find the best fit for your budget.
Here are a couple of KEY POINTS ABOUT FLORIDA PREPAID OPEN ENROLLMENT:
- Florida Prepaid is the largest and longest-running prepaid college program in the nation, with more than 1.8 million plans sold to date!
- The time to lock in the future cost of college is before April 30th 2021!. Enroll in a Florida Prepaid Plan NOW and save $50!
- A Prepaid Plan is like the 401k of college savings – a smart, tax-advantaged way to save for their future tuition costs.
- Half a million students have already attended college using their Prepaid Plans.
- Every Florida Prepaid College Plan is guaranteed by the state, meaning you can never lose what you put into your plan, EVEN IF your child doesn’t go to college or goes to another state for studies.
Los Tweens & Teens has been a long-time supporter of PLANNING FOR A BRIGHT FUTURE. Check out our previous content HERE
Our kids grow up so fast. Be sure you’re setting a strong foundation for your child’s education by focusing now on their college savings, because when you save it sends them a strong message that you believe in their tomorrow.